Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways...

Around an hour ago, I sent my husband a text message saying I was concerned about my workload for the week. A regular client of mine hadn't sent over any new projects in more than a week, and I was starting to wonder if the overwhelming amount of work I received last week was just a fluke. You see, I am absolutely bound and determined to make writing from home as a freelancer into my career. I have never wanted to write/edit any more than I do now, and I feel like I have finally come to terms with the fact that this is what I want to spend my life doing. I don't want to work a job in a cubicle that I'm unhappy with or have to wake up ridiculously early for or drive in rush hour traffic to get to - I am content with my home office and writing or editing from the comforts of my home. I want nothing more than for others to read what I have to say or be impacted by what I write.

I also love to edit and proofread. Even if I can do some editing work on the side to get myself started, my ultimate goal is to do more editing work than I do writing. (Of course, at some point, I do want to accomplish my goal of having a book published. I just have to figure out how to write one first).

At any rate, not more than 15 minutes after my text message complaint, that very same regular client I mentioned sent me a content request for seven more articles. (They've never sent over more than three at a time).

Then, I heard back from one of the many ebook publishing firms I'd e-mailed about editing work not more than ten minutes ago with how to get started editing for them.

Just when I started to worry, everything worked out.

Lesson to self: Quit worrying all the time. It will all work out just fine in the end! Oh, and prayers do get answered.

So, despite this miserable "spring" day in Wisconsin, where I can hear sleet tapping away at the patio door and sirens raging down the street to aide those who didn't drive quite slow enough on the slippery roads, where the high temperature for today is a whopping 33 degrees, and where I just heard booming thunder outside, I will continue writing AND editing from the comforts of my home with a giant smile on my face. I never thought I could make a living doing what I love...yet, here I am. It doesn't get any better than that.

1 comment: