Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Goals for 2011

1. Read More
      I often times let myself get side-tracked by the plethora of television shows I watch every week. Instead of only making time to watch TV, I need to make time to pick up this old habit that I love - reading! I have so many books I want to read, and I keep asking for books that I want to read, so I need to make time to read them! I also need to keep up with my Entertainment Weekly magazines, instead of letting them build up for five weeks on the coffee table before reading them all at once.

2. Write More
     I love to write. I majored in English. I've dappled in various blogs or online diaries and journals, but I never write like I used to. If you saw me in middle school and high school, a day never went by where I didn't work on writing a story. I was always writing. I got really beaten up during college over my writing, the topics I chose to write about, and the dumb details, like character names. I always felt like because my stories actually related to things that had happened in my own life, I took the harsh criticism from my peers personally. Now that I finished school, I have no excuse. I need to start writing much more frequently, even if it's something no one else ever reads. If I want to ever have a book published one day, I need to write consistently.

3. Use our Nintendo Wii to work out, by playing Michael Jackson: The Experience or Zumba at least 3-4 times a week.
     I have become far too lazy. I spent a summer sitting inside and the fall and winter sitting at a desk for 8+ hours a day staring at a computer screen. The time has come to get back into shape. While I am not overweight by any means, there are parts of me that could definitely use some toning. So, since I hate to run and am terrified of exercising in public, why not make use of some great Christmas presents and keep in shape from the comforts of my own home?

4. Stop eating so much fast food and cook more.
      Let's face it. Fast food is convenient. It's addicting. It's delicious. But, it's a new year. (Okay, I know - it's been a new year for almost a month now). I have already taken a step in the right direction. I made lasagna! Obviously, I can't very well make lasagna for dinner every night, but I felt like I conquered something with that first pan of lasagna. Now, I need to make use of more Christmas presents - new cookbooks!

5. Have a more positive attitude.
     I tend to let negativity get the best of me at times. Instead of following my motto of "Everything happens for a reason," I often sit and dwell on the bad things in life instead of moving on and focusing on the positive. Granted, some things, you just can't figure out the reason for right away, but I have to tell myself that eventually, I will figure it out. There's no reason to sit around and feel sad. Tomorrow is always another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment